Vice President, Enterprise Director of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality
Britt Howard’s passion to keep all of our colleagues safe and healthy, combined with his thorough understanding of the health, safety, security and environment field, has promoted him to CH2M’s Enterprise Director of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE). Responsible for all HSSE activities and professionals for our company’s facilities, Britt creates, participates and leads business and HSSE leadership team initiatives and provides problem-solving guidance to HSSE professionals and business leaders.
Using his 24 years of experience across 29 U.S. states and 7 countries, he guides the right balance of collaboration among team members and implements ideas to ensure success across HSSE activities. Britt enjoys positively influencing CH2M family’s safety and health on the worksite, in the office or at home by supporting personal safety. Britt says:
I am most proud of being a part of a company that has a solid foundation of protecting our people and the environment. Protecting our work family and the environment is important for our clients, our communities and our company.
Extending his passion outside of CH2M, Britt inspires high-quality HSSE programs globally as a safety conference speaker. His enthusiasm extends to writing as the author of “The Ten E’s in Safety Leadership,” with the first edition published in 2011 and the second edition currently under development. He also authored a children’s book on safety titled “Little B’s Safety Coaching” published in 2013.
- Work experience in 29 U.S. states and in 7 countries outside the U.S.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Director for CH2M’s Oil, Gas & Chemicals Business Group
- Hess Corporation's Exploration and Production Lead; Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Manager; Advisor for EH&S Competency Assurance; Refinery EH&S Manager; Terminal Operations Safety Manager; and Corporate Safety Coordinator for Certifications
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification, Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Industrial Hygiene Technician Certification, University of North Carolina
- CPR/First Aid Instructor Certification, currently with the National Safety Council (NSC) and previously with the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Front Line Leadership Trainer Certification, Zenger Miller
- Professional Firefighter Certification, National Fire Protection Association
- Certified RCA Tap Root Incident Investigation Instructor, Systems Improvements
- Member, Professional American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- Past Chairman, Virginia Local Emergency Planning Committee (VA LEPC), Suffolk, Virginia Fire Department
Britt earned a master’s degree in safety management from Marshall University and a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from West Virginia State University.