We promote diversity because it makes us a stronger company, where brilliant people of all backgrounds feel at home. And our widely different perspectives and talents around the globe greatly enhance our ability to provide clients with more imaginative and effective solutions.
We aim to make diversity and inclusion core attributes of our identity, embedded in all of our employment and business practices in all locations.
Here's how we bring diversity and inclusion to life in our company and communities.
Fostering women in STEM
At CH2M, we practice what we preach. Starting from the top, our Chairman and CEO Jacque Hinman is just one of a number of talented, successful women making a difference around the world for our clients. These leaders dedicate their time and talent as role models and mentors to the next generation of female engineers who will follow them.
Behind Jacque is a diverse range of people who are proud to work for a company that empowers women in this industry. We champion women in engineering through:
- Supporting STEM programs in schools and internships through grants from the CH2M Foundation and local employee volunteers
- A Global Women’s Network with local chapters that share information, ideas and resources and actively promotes and supports women at CH2M
- Leadership and involvement in professional societies promoting women in the industry
Employee network groups
Open to all employees, these networks provide opportunities for CH2Mers to support each other in reaching career development goals:
- Black Employee Network Group – Harambee (“working together” in Swahili)
- Hispanic Employee Network Group – Enlace (“link” in Spanish)
- Disability Group - Assist. Connect, Educate. (A.C.E.)
- LGBTA Group – Leadership Inspiring Full Equality (L.I.F.E.)
- Junior and Mid-Level Professionals Network – JuMP
- Multicultural Group – Sharing Across Respective Ethnicities (SHARE)
- Military/Veterans Group – Veterans Network
- Global Women’s Network
Each of these groups has a senior executive sponsor to provide advocacy, guidance and support.