CH2M wins four Business Achievement Awards for work in the environmental and climate change industries
Leading industry publications Environmental Business Journal and Climate Change Business Journal recognize CH2M for several water and environmental projects.
Each year the Environmental Business Journal and the Climate Change Business Journal recognize outstanding business performance in the environmental and climate change industries with their EBJ/CCBJ Business Achievement Awards. CH2M was chosen for a combined four awards in 2015 and mentioned for contributions to two more.
EBJ Business Achievement Awards
- Project Merit: Permitting – For environmental permitting of the Ivanpah solar project in California for project developer BrightSource Energy. This was both the first solar power plant of its kind to be permitted and also the largest in the world.
- Technology Merit: Information Technology – For Flood Modeller Pro, CH2M's flood modelling software package that provides local and regional governments with a flexible and cost-effective range of tools to help manage the environment and the challenges associated with flood risk.
CCBJ Business Achievement Awards
- Consulting and Engineering: Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience – For completing research on potential future rainfall intensity in the United Kingdom and the implications for sewer and stormwater system design.
- Technology Merit: Climate Change Risk Modeling and Assessment – For conducting an assessment of projected sea-level rise, extreme rainfall and wind; modeling the extent of inundation and storm surge; and evaluating the risk and cost of those climate change factors to wastewater facilities within Miami-Dade’s $3.3 billion Ocean Outfall Legislation Program. The 11-year program with 28 capital projects is the culmination of a regulatory mandate by the Florida Legislature to stop all wastewater discharge to the ocean by 2025.
“CH2M is proud to be working alongside our clients to solve some of the world’s most challenging environmental and climate change challenges,” says Peter Nicol, CH2M Water Business Group President. “It is quite an honor for us to be recognized by the EBJ/CCBJ for helping to advance the environmental and climate change industries.”
CH2M also was mentioned as a partner in two other awards:
- The CCBJ award The Nature Conservancy won for leveraging its expertise, reputation, fundraising abilities and political skills to catalyze investment and action for climate change resilience and adaptation.
- Hazen and Sawyer’s CCBJ award for its leadership role in evaluating climate change assessment and adaptation planning for water and wastewater utilities - specifically the post-Sandy New York City Wastewater Resiliency Plan.
The 2015 EBJ/CCBJ awards will be presented at a special ceremony at the Environmental Industry Summit XIV in San Diego, Calif. March 9-11. The Environmental Industry Summit is an annual three-day executive retreat hosted by EBI Inc.