CH2M to support USAID humanitarian relief and international development infrastructure projects across the globe
CH2M will assist the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with infrastructure construction and engineering knowledge management support under its Global Architect-Engineer Services contract.
DENVER, Dec. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CH2M will assist the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with infrastructure construction and engineering knowledge management support under its Global Architect-Engineer Services contract. USAID’s construction portfolio includes water, environmental, transportation, energy, communication, and vertical structure projects. USAID administers the U.S. foreign assistance program providing economic and humanitarian assistance in more than 80 countries worldwide.
Under USAID direction, the CH2M team will increase the impact of USAID infrastructure programs on humanitarian relief and international development by delivering construction and engineering knowledge management, and comprehensive training and resource tools geared to decentralized local project development solutions. CH2M experts in infrastructure capacity building, risk management, and sustainability, as well as construction quality, estimating, project controls, contracts and procurement will develop a broad range of engineering and construction knowledge management data, training and reference materials to support agency projects across the globe. CH2M will also provide organizational learning and development, IT and communications services to build in increased local knowledge management capacity and sustainability for agency projects.
John Razzolini, CH2M executive sponsor, commented “Leveraging our global technical expertise through knowledge management delivery supports USAID’s mission to help end-user communities gain enduring benefits from sustainable international development.”
CH2M service delivery includes:
- Knowledge Creation and Capture: following review of the USAID construction assessment report, leverage best practices and resources, and identify and fill engineering and construction information guidance and resource gaps across in-country infrastructure development.
- Construction Cost Estimation Capability Enhancement: to more accurately estimate and manage the cost of engineering and construction activities across USAID infrastructure portfolios.
- Policy and Data Analysis: to identify and implement standard approaches for infrastructure development projects, based on best practices and extensive regulatory and policy reviews.
- Construction Risk Screening Support: establishing a standardized process utilizing engineering and construction industry best practices building on USAID infrastructure development work to date.
- Training and Capacity Development: to improve quality and sustainability of project investments, and increase technical and management capabilities of staff through a program of workshops, classroom instruction, short courses and webinars.
CH2M’s team of engineering and international development professionals with significant USAID experience understand the agency’s mission, range of operational contracting models, and its commitment to long term impacts and development goals. CH2M has been supporting USAID for 35 years, completing agency work in more than 25 countries on four continents totaling over $340 million.
“Building sustainability into our service delivery model empowers local community development and future ownership.” states Matthew Sutton, President of CH2M’s Environment and Nuclear business. “This makes for the best overall solution for our client partners.”
CH2M leads the professional services industry delivering sustainable solutions benefiting societal, environmental and economic outcomes with the development of infrastructure and industry. In this way, CH2Mers make a positive difference providing consulting, design, engineering and management services for clients in water; environment and nuclear; transportation; energy and industrial markets, from iconic infrastructure to global programs like the Olympic Games. Ranked among the World's Most Ethical Companies and top firms in environmental consulting and program management, CH2M in 2016 became the first professional services firm honored with the World Environment Center Gold Medal Award for efforts advancing sustainable development. Connect with CH2M at www.ch2m.com; LinkedIn; Twitter; and Facebook.