As a trend for investments in infrastructure gains ground in the United States and around the world, CH2M is ramping up efforts to attract top engineering talent.
7 steps for excelling in a competitive industry from CH2M’s Lisa Glatch
Executive Vice President of Growth and Sales Lisa Glatch's impressive career serves as an inspiration for thousands of women (and everyone!) employed by CH2M. Here are her seven steps to help you excel in a competitive industry.
It may be rare within the engineering industry, but female leaders are not unusual at CH2M. In fact, women play a strong hand in the overall success of the company. In honor of International Women’s Day, we’ve tapped one of our most accomplished female leaders to share some insight into how she has developed such a successful career.
Executive Vice President of Growth and Sales Lisa Glatch is renowned in the industry, with more than 32 years of experience in professional services across a wide range of industries spanning North America, South America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Lisa’s impressive career serves as an inspiration for thousands of women (and everyone!) employed by CH2M. Here are her seven steps to help you excel in a competitive industry.
- Always, always put the client first. That’s a motto we live by at CH2M, but it applies to any job in any industry. This strategy differentiates your personal brand, the level of your service, and demonstrates a commitment to delivering solutions specific to client needs.
- A positive attitude is key. It’s totally within your own control.
- Be a lifelong learner. Today, sources of learning are everywhere. It’s up to you to take advantage.
- Show your passion. Don’t hold back in bringing your true and original self to your career.
- Be the captain of your own ship. Know, and ask for, what you want. Statistically, women are more hesitant to do this, and it can hold you back in your career and life.
- Give up a need to be liked by everyone. It won’t happen, and it’s exhausting.
- Continually seek feedback. Asking for input from others on your performance or areas for improvement is essential to personal growth and development. Constructive criticism is your friend. Surround yourself with people who tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
It doesn’t matter where you are in your career, by taking some of these tips to heart you can get ahead in a competitive industry, and excel in your career.