The mining industry faces challenges that span climate change and adaptation, the growing global demand for water, the social license to operate and the security and long-term stability of mining operations.
Working together to meet the global demand for mineral extraction, we must take a responsible, active role in sustainable development and environmental stewardship of mining assets – while still achieving production and financial objectives.
Through our range and depth of technical experts serving the full mining lifecycle, combined with our global footprint, industry-leading water and environmental practices and applied innovations, CH2M delivers long-term value and establish trusted partnerships.
As a technology-neutral company, we embrace a full diversity of technical solutions. We also bring credibility and knowledge of federal and state agencies to address compliance and regulatory issues and provide ethical, transparent stakeholder management. We know the mining industry, and we know the environment. We know how to keep it clean, and cost-effectively manage, reuse and treat water. And importantly, we also know how to enhance your assets and environmental position to contribute to the bottom line.
We help our mining clients to:
- Enhance community reputation and legacy, earning the social license to operate and promote economic development of mining communities.
- Achieve sustainable mining so that clients can extract the resources needed today, without jeopardizing the ability to meet the needs of future generations.
- Optimize water supply, use, reuse, storage and treatment through site-wide management strategies.
- Reduce post-closure liability, risk and costs by early stage lifecycle planning.
- Realize greater value from assets through operations and maintenance services, asset management and alternative revenue streams.
- Transport commodities through efficient and cost effective pit to port solutions.
- Utilize technology and automation to reduce operational costs through technology and automation.
- Lower overall mining costs through long-term, trusted partnerships.
Water / Wastewater
- Resource Planning
- Water Management and Treatment (active and passive)
- Storage and Conveyance
- Water Reuse
- Pond Design
- Mine Dewatering
- Modeling: Hydrogeology, Water Balance, Geochemistry
- Hydrology Studies
- Stormwater Management
- EPCM / Design-Build / O&M
- Pit Lake Management
- Capital Projects
- Tailings Storage Facilities
- Ports and Rail
- Material Handling
- Man Camps
- Demolition and Decommissioning
- Environmental Assessments
- Sustainability Planning
- Climate Change and Adaptation
- Permitting, Environmental Compliance, Air Quality, GHG Emissions
- Mine Closure Planning
- Remediation and Reclamation
- Waste Planning
- EH&S Systems
- Cost Estimation
- Communities and Stakeholder Engagement
- Commercial Development and Revenue Generation Studies
- Energy Renewables
- Buildings and Facilities